IN THE TRENCHES: A Conversation With A “Lawyer’s Lawyer” On Appellate And Executive Branch Advocacy
Our Associate Chief Counsel Jennifer Dickey was a guest this week on McDermott Will & Emery’s “In the Trenches” Podcast with Brian Stimson. Jenn gives a fascinating insider’s view from her time as a Supreme Court law clerk, Associate Counsel and Special Assistant to the President in the White House, Deputy Associate Attorney General, and Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Division at the Department of Justice.
Jenn’s podcast focuses on:
- Supreme Court and appellate advocacy
- The roles of White House Counsel’s Office, the US Department of Justice and federal agencies in rulemakings and administrative litigation
- The DOJ litigating components and their roles, institutional interests and approaches to litigation
- Key issues in Administrative Procedure Act litigation for American businesses
- Hot class action and mass action issues, including no-injury class actions, predominance and mass arbitrations